From Everett-Smith & Co's inception in 1965, it has been the company's underlying philosophy and aspiration to be self sufficient. It was clear from the outset that certification in Electrical Engineering would be one of the company's cornerstones. In 1974 Terry Smith the Company's Principal Director was admitted to the Institution of Engineers Australia having successfully completed a degree in Electrical Engineering from the now Curtin University.
Over the years this capability has given the company the credentials to participate in the design aspects of the industry. While in the early days abilities in Engineering were a welcomed addition, these days it is fundamental to any contemporary Electrical Company.
With Everett-Smith & Co's emphasis on a balanced mixture of young enthusiasm and experience, there is never a shortage of new ideas and solutions for our valued clients. With in-house Engineering these ideas are always guaranteed to be based on sound scientific principles.
A prime example of Everett-Smith & Co's abilities in the field of Electrical Engineering was demonstrated with the Woodside Project. Everett-Smith & Co provided a number of redesign elements yielding major savings in the following areas;
- Mains voltage fire rated distribution system savings.
- Reassessment and proving of reduced Standby Generator set capacity.
- Rationalisation of Electrical and Communications backbone systems, providing significant savings for the Builder.
- Verifying in coming High Voltage quality, capacity and protection.
- Reassessing and proving reduced Maximum Demand.
The combination of over 40 years on the ground experience and up to date Engineering Capabilities is what gives Everett-Smith & Co's clients certainty and peace of mind.